Pinterest Marketing Tips
1. CREATE A PINTEREST BUSINESS ACCOUNT
Watch this video for more details.
2. LEARN HOW TO DO KEYWORD RESEARCH ON PINTEREST
This is essential! It’s the foundation for everything on Pinterest.
3. ADD KEYWORDS TO YOUR PROFILE NAME
Use the bar symbol “|” to separate your name from the keywords.
4. ADD KEYWORDS TO YOUR BIO
You have 160 characters in your “About you.” Use them wisely.
5. ADD KEYWORDS TO YOUR BOARD NAMES
Avoid clever or creative names – focus on keywords.
6. ADD KEYWORDS TO YOUR BOARD DESCRIPTIONS
Put in as many keywords as you can, but don’t go overboard.
7. ADD A CALL-TO-ACTION IN YOUR BIO
Drive people to your website with a compelling call-to-action.
8. UPLOAD A GREAT PROFILE PHOTO
You want a high-resolution, bright photo of a person. Avoid logos.
9. CLAIM YOUR WEBSITE
Click here for more detailed instructions on how to do this.
10. ENABLE RICH PINS
For help getting rich pins set up on your account, click here.
11. CREATE A BOARD FOR YOUR BLOG POSTS
This is a board dedicated to only your own content.
12. CREATE A PROFILE COVER USING YOUR BLOG POST BOARD
This will ensure your profile represents your brand identity.
13. FILL YOUR BOARDS
Fill each board with at least 30 Pins. Keep them secret until full.
© TAG Consulting, Inc | AngieGensler.com
14. KEEP YOUR PERSONAL BOARDS SECRET
Any boards not relevant to your niche need to be secret.
15. SHOWCASE YOUR MOST IMPORTANT BOARDS
Click here to use Tailwind’s “Board Insights” to find top performing boards.
16. FOLLOW INFLUENCERS IN YOUR NICHE
Follow people who have a large audience of your ideal customer.
17. FOLLOW INFLUENCERS FOLLOWERS
Follow people who are following the top influencers in your niche.
18. PIN APPROXIMATELY 30 TIMES PER DAY
Watch this video to learn how to do this quickly.
19. PIN CONSISTENTLY
Use a scheduling tool like Tailwind to Pin consistently.
20. PIN OTHER PEOPLE’S CONTENT
Pin 50% of your own content and 50% other people’s content.
21. ONLY PIN HIGH-QUALITY CONTENT
Briefly skim every piece of content you schedule to ensure quality.
22. DESIGN LONG PINS
Click here to learn more about this.
23. CREATE MULTIPLE PINS FOR EACH BLOG POST
Play with different colors, headlines, images, and descriptions.
24. INCLUDE KEYWORDS IN YOUR PIN DESCRIPTIONS
Test different keywords in each Pin description.
25. INCLUDE HASHTAGS IN YOUR PIN DESCRIPTIONS
Add 4 – 5 relevant hashtags in each Pin description.
26. INCLUDE A CALL-TO-ACTION IN PIN DESCRIPTIONS
27. WRITE PIN DESCRIPTIONS AS A SUPERFAN
Write it as if it’s your biggest fan raving about it to a friend.
28. HIDE YOUR PINS IN YOUR BLOG POSTS
Use this line of code to hide Pins:
<div style=”display: none;”> IMAGE CODE HERE </div>
29. JOIN GROUP BOARDS
30. RUN A PROMOTED PIN CAMPAIGN
31. USE PINTEREST ANALYTICS STRATEGICALLY
Use the “People You Reach” feature to find influencers.
32. USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS STRATEGICALLY
Identify top 10 posts and optimize them.
33. OPTIMIZE YOUR BLOG FOR MOBILE
Most Pinterest activity occurs on a mobile device.
34. INSTALL THE SAVE BUTTON ON YOUR WEBSITE
Get details and instructions on how to install the Save button when you click here.
35. ENCOURAGE YOUR AUDIENCE TO FOLLOW YOU ON PINTEREST
Ask your email subscribers, blog readers, and social media followers.
36. ASK READERS TO SHARE ON PINTEREST
At the end of each blog post ask the reader to share it on Pinterest.